At a Glance
- Zero Recall affecting the SR, S, DS and FX
- BMW Recall affecting R-Model, K-Model, S1000RR and HP2 Motorcycles
- Honda Recall affecting the CB500F, CB500X and CBR500R
- Yamaha Recall affecting the YZF-R1 and XTZ12 (Super Tenere)
- Triumph Recall affecting the Trophy SE
Zero Motorcycle Recall
Zero is recalling certain 2014 model year bikes due to an issue that could potentially cause the rear tire to lock-up during operation. The affected models are:
· SR models manufactured between December 30, 2013 and February 20, 2014
· S models manufactured between December 26, 2013 and February 18, 2014
· DS models manufactured between January 24, 2014 and February 4, 2014
· FX models manufactured between January 14, 2014 and January 27, 2014
The issue at hand is basically the possibility that the rotor inside the motor could contact the stator, jamming the motor and locking the rear tire. Your local dealer is to conduct a test on the bike which will determine the necessity for replacement.
BMW Motorcycle Recall
An NHTSA sanctioned recall affects some:
· R-Model motorcycles model years 2005-2012
· K Model motorcycles model years 2005-2012
· S1000RR motorcycles model years 2010-2011
· HP2 motorcycle model years 2006-2010
The issue is regarding plastic fuel pump flanges and its susceptibility to failure during repairs. Read more about the details here.
Owners should contact BMW for a free repair by visiting their local dealer, calling 1-800-525-7417 or e-mailing CustomerRelations@BMWUSA.com
Honda Motorcycle Recall
The NHTSA is recalling some Honda models for an issue with their rocker arm shaft retaining bolts. Affected models are 2013 model year:
This recall boils down to not the bolt itself, but rather the anti-corrosion coating they received. Some were assembled using a coating that was not approved. The result is that the bolts may come loose or even fall out, causing oil loss and under the most severe of cases engine damage and loss of power. Honda dealers will replace the affected hardware free of charge if necessary. You may contact your local dealer or Honda directly at 1-866-784-1870.
Yamaha Motorcycle Recall
Yamaha is recalling certain models for a headlight defect. Affected bikes are:
· YZF-R1 2009-2013 (manufactured between October 2008 and August 2013)
· XTZ12 (Super Tenere) 2012-2013 (manufactured between October 2011 and August 2013)
The recall potentially affects 24,000 bikes. The stated worst-case-scenario is that the headlight will fail, leaving you blind at night and less visible to other traffic during the day (as well as in breach of California Vehicle Code requiring motorcycles to have daytime headlights, and therefore liable for citation). If your bike is affected, Yamaha will take care of this issue for you free of charge. Stop by your local dealer or call Yamaha at 1-800-962-7926.
Triumph Motorcycle Recalls
Triumph is recalling about 2,800 model year 2012-2014 motorcycles. The affected models are:
· Tiger Explorer ABS A1 2012-2014
· Tiger Explorer Spoke ABS XC A1 2013-2014
· Trophy SE A1 manufactured between November 17, 2011 and December 16, 2013
The recall is in regards to the ability of the ECU to keep track of throttle position. Affected motorcycles will have the hardware/software replaced free of charge. Those wishing to seek more information may contact their dealer or call 1-678-854-2010.
Additionally, Triumph brought in the new year with an NHTSA sanctioned recall of 416 of their 2013 model year Trophy SE motorcycles. The affected bikes were built between June 1, 2012 and February 28, 2013. The issue is regarding a fracture possibility with the left-hand center stand mount, which leaves the bike liable to fall over from its perch.
If you think you may have been affected, give Triumph a call at 1-678-854-2010. Their number for this recall is SB508RM2013/033