As motorcycle accident lawyers, we try to provide our clients and readers a service by sharing important biker-related news stories — particularly those related to events and incidents in Los Angeles, OC, San Diego, the San Francisco Bay Area, and through the rest of California. To do this, we pore over the internet, read press releases, news stories, follow new court decisions and assembly bills, etc., trying to keep our readers up on anything we find that may be interesting or important.
Frequently, this means we come across absurd or offensive stories. Sometimes in the form of anti-Club propaganda, sometimes stuff that is more of the nails-on-a-chalkboard variety. This morning, we found one of the latter, and debated briefly over whether or not to share it with our readers. Ultimately, I was so annoyed by it that I just had to “pay it forward.” So hold your breath for this breaking news:
It’s cool to ride a motorcycle!
No s***, right? Some fashion/celebrity website (or magazine, or e-zine, or whatever) posted an article called 11 Famous Ladies Who Love Motorcycles. Now I will admit that when I saw the headline, I was a little curious. After all, who doesn’t like a good-looking woman on a motorcycle?
But if you take a look at this poor excuse for an article, you will probably ask yourselves the following questions:
- Who are these “Famous Ladies”? I’ve never heard of half of them.
- Are they suppose to be attractive? Some are, but some, uhhh, not so much.
- Does posing on a motorcycle for a photo shoot really mean you “love motorcycles”? Regarding their # 4, Paris Hilton, the article even admits, “Granted, we’ve never seen [her] actually ride, but she has been photographed on motorcycles several times.” It goes on to quote her on happy she is to own her own race team. Like, OMG, it’s soooooo cool! Yes, apparently she now owns a race team. Kill me now.
- Is it just me, or is the coolest photo in this group the one of Dennis Hopper behind the Easy Rider chopper?
- Did those guys at Riderz Law really just send me to this website??
We offer our sincerest apologies, but as they say, misery loves company. Feel free to send your hate mail for this latest Riderz Law blog entry here.