Motorcycle Accident Lawyers in Kansas City
The attorneys at RiderzLaw are lifelong riders. They have actually been in motorcycle accidents. This gives us an advantage over the competition. We don’t just know the law, we know motorcycles and are in the motorcycle community- we have been riders for decades. With more than $100 million awarded to our clients, RiderzLaw motorcycle lawyers are aggressive negotiators on behalf of our clients. We will maximize the value of your case.
How Can a Kansas City Motorcycle Accident Attorney Help Your Case?
Our firm has a higher than 99% success rate. We have dedicated our lives to protecting riders and helping their families in times of need. We value the rights of riders. No matter how nice they may seem, insurance companies are built to minimize payouts and maximize profits at your expense. The motorcycle lawyers at RiderzLaw will treat you like family. Don’t let insurance adjusters tell you that your claim isn't negotiable! We have decades of experience winning motorcycle accident claims. We will fight for you until we receive maximum recovery.
Let us relieve you and your loved ones from the stress, pain, and financial hardship of the claims process. Our motorcycle lawyers will seek recovery for medical treatment, pain and suffering, rehabilitation, motorcycle repairs, loss of use, and any other expenses necessary to rebuild your life.
Do I Need a Motorcycle Attorney for my Accident Claim?
Our Kansas City motorcycle attorneys will consult with you during a free case evaluation to determine the strength of your claim. We are a resource to the motorcycle community and we tell it like it is. Consultation with RiderzLaw is FREE. We never charge you out of pocket- we only get paid when you win. Our promise to you is that we will not pressure you into anything you don't want. Our consultation is truly FREE.
Unfavorable Police Reports in Kansas City
We have won many cases where the police report blamed the rider. As riders, we know that motorcyclists are NOT the cause of every motorcycle accident. The bias against riders is extreme and is often unjustly reflected in police reports. Don't let an unfavorable police report stop you from seeking recovery.
What Should I Do After a Motorcycle Accident?
We know during the trauma accidents cause, thinking ahead is difficult. By preparing yourself for what to do in the case of an accident, you can protect yourself in settlement and court. The moments after the collision are critical, since evidence and information is quick to disappear. If you are unsure of what to do after your crash, call our motorcycle attorneys and we’ll guide you. Remember, treating your injuries (and injuries sustained by others involved in the accident) is the most important step to take after a collision. If you have been in an accident,
- Get to Safety: If your motorcycle is sitting in traffic, move it to the side of the road, if you are able to.
- Call Law Enforcement: Call 911 after an accident to come to the scene and make a report. A police officer will respond to the scene and file a report. Failure to report an accident is a crime in the city.
- Collect Evidence: Take photos of the accident using your smartphone.
- Exchange Information: Although police will gather information from the other driver, it's good to get it ahead of time. If possible. exchange driver's licenses and insurance policy information. DO NOT discuss the accident prior to speaking to an attorney. For help 24 hours a day in the case of an accident, call RiderzLaw at 1-888-5-RIDERZ.
- Seek Treatment: If you or anyone in the accident sustains injuries, get medical attention at once. Failure to do so may make any potential claim harder to recover.
- Talk to a Lawyer: If you or another party is injured in a motorcycle crash, talk to a lawyer. RiderzLaw initial case evaluations are free. Even if you were partially at fault, you may have rights to monetary compensation that will help cover your loss. A Chicago motorcycle attorney will maximize that recovery. Protect yourself by speaking to a lawyer as soon as possible.
Types of Kansas City Motorcycle Accident Injuries
Injuries that may occur after a motorcycle crash include:
- Head & Neck Injuries: Around 22% of all motorcycle accidents result in head and neck injuries. Missouri does require the use of helmets for all riders, while Kansas does not require motorcyclists over the age of 18 to wear a helmet. Riding without a helmet- whether legal or not- increases the risk of head and neck injuries after a collision. Although it may be fun to ride without a helmet, motorcycle helmets reduce the likelihood of brain injuries by over 40%. A variety of head and neck injuries may result after the accident, including, spinal damage, whiplash and concussions, and others. Even if you weren't wearing a helmet during your accident, don't let the insurance companies make you feel like the accident or the injuries were your fault!
- Broken Bones and Fractures: Broken arms, legs, ankles, fingers, collar bones, and ribs are common after motorcycle collisions. Don't leave them untreated or they may cause infection or even require amputation!
- Road rash: Permanent scarring, lacerations, discolorations, etc. are often caused by road rash after an accident.
- Hemorrhaging: One of the biggest concerns after a motorcycle crash is hemorrhaging and/or internal injuries. Sometimes these concerns are not immediately noticed, which can result in serious complications for the victim.
- Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBIs): Traumatic Brain Injuries are common, as well as paralysis. More than 2 million people suffer from TBI each year. In fact, it is one of the leading causes of disability in the U.S.
- Spinal Injuries: Spine injuries after a motorcycle crash such as slipped discs, spinal injuries, vertebrae issues, and many others may cause a plethora of other problems for the injury victim.
This is not a complete list of possible injuries after a bike accident. However, the list provides insight into the most common types of motorcycle collision injuries that occur in the area.
How to Value a Kansas City Motorcycle Accident
Since each motorcycle collision is unique, the value of the accident may not be similar to other accidents. Many factors impact the value of the accident, including the type and severity of the injuries and the type of damages as well as the types and amount of insurance carried by both you and the other driver. Your motorcycle attorney uses a number of factors to determine how much your accident is worth, including:
- Current medical fees for injuries sustained as a result of the accident
- Ongoing and future medical bills- including surgeries, post op follow-up, physical therapy, rehabilitation services, and medical equipment
- Lost earnings if you missed work or were not able to run your business as a result of the accident
- Future lost wages- this includes not only wages lost because of medical appointments, but can even include lifetime wage losses for serious career ending injury in a motorcycle accident.
- Property damage/replacement costs- This includes the amounts it takes to get your motorcycle repaired or replaced, your safety gear replaced, and any other personal items damaged.
- Loss of use- Typically, the at- fault party is responsible for paying for a rental motorcycle for the time your motorcycle was unusable, even if you did not actually rent the motorcycle.
- Emotional stress, pain, and suffering, punitive damages (including loss of companionship)
- Lower quality of life
- Funeral and burial costs in wrongful death suits
- Other out of pocket expenses incurred as a result of the accident
Your attorney will go over your case with you in detail, examining the facts and evidence. RiderzLaw attorneys fight to ensure the highest possible verdict in your case so that you can stop worrying about your medical bills. Even after a case is won, our motorcycle attorneys will continue to protect riders and their families from the retaliation of the insurance company.
Our Kansas City Motorcycle Accident Attorneys Fight for Injured Motorcyclists
RiderzLaw motorcycle lawyers work exclusively with motorcycle accident victims. We’ve been protecting the rights of riders for a very long time. Our expertise in motorcycle accident litigation gives us advantages other attorneys don't have. We know why motorcycle accidents occur and how to defend riders. Let our decades of winning motorcycle accident cases work for you. We will work to maximize the amount you receive from your motorcycle accident. We’re not afraid to work hard to get your bills paid and we don’t shy away from insurance companies. Call us at 1-888-5-RIDERZ for an initial consultation at no charge. We’re available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. If you’re a rider that can’t come to a RiderzLaw office, one of our Kansas City motorcycle attorneys will be more than happy to ride to you. Contact a motorcycle lawyer today.
We service riders not only in Kansas City, but also across all of Missouri including Springfield, Columbia, Independence, Lee's Summit, O'Fallon, St. Joseph, St. Charles, St. Peters, St. Louis, and more.
We are the top rated motorcycle lawyers in the business.
- The RiderzLaw Lawyers will meet with you at YOUR convenience
- We will get your motorcycle fixed or replaced for full value – we don’t let insurance companies push you around!
- We will Maximize Your Recovery – We have a team of accident recon experts who specialize in motorcycle accidents.
- We’ll help you get the best medical treatment and get your medical bills paid.
- We will help you KEEP as much money as possible – Unlike many firms, we keep working even after your case is over, and aggressively negotiate your insurance and medical bills!