Motorcycle Accident Attorneys in Chicago
The lawyers at RiderzLaw have experienced firsthand the injuries caused by motorcycle accidents. Our Illinois motorcycle attorneys have a unique advantage. We don’t just know motorcycle law, we know motorcycles and have been deeply rooted in the motorcycle community for decades. With more than $100 million awarded to our clients, at RiderzLaw we provide aggressive negotiation on behalf of our clients to maximize the value of their case.
Motorcycle fatalities are rising in Chicago. Out of 3,326 Illinois crashes in 2017, there was 160 motorcycle fatalities and only 1 non-motorcyclist fatality. We hope you never need us, but if you or somebody you love need a Chicago motorcycle attorney, we’ll get you the recovery for your loss.
How Can a Chicago Motorcycle Accident Attorney Help Your Case?
Our firm has a 99% success rate. We have dedicated our lives to protecting riders and their families. At RiderzLaw, our attorneys ride to the office. We value the rights of riders and drives us to negotiate aggressively for all of our clients. No matter how nice they may seem, insurance companies are built to minimize payouts and maximize profits. The motorcycle attorneys at RiderzLaw treat clients like family. Don’t let insurance adjusters take advantage of you! We have 20 years of experience of winning motorcycle accident claims. We will fight until we receive maximum recovery.
Money cannot remove all of the suffering caused by your accident, but it can certainly relieve you and your loved ones from additional pain and financial hardship. Our motorcycle lawyers will seek recovery for medical treatment, pain and suffering, rehabilitation, motorcycle repairs, and any other expenses necessary to rebuild your life.
Do I Need a Motorcycle Attorney for my Accident Claim?
Our motorcycle attorneys in Chicago will consult with you during a free case evaluation to determine the strength of your claim. We are a resource to the motorcycle community and we tell it like it is. Consultation with RiderzLaw is free and we never charge you out of pocket- we only get paid when you win.
Unfavorable Police Reports in Illinois
As riders, we know that motorcyclists are NOT the cause of every motorcycle accident. The bias against riders is extreme and is often even unjustly reflected in police reports. Don't let an unfavorable police report stop you from seeking recovery. We have won cases where the police blamed the rider.
Common Causes of Chicago Motorcycle Accidents
Many causes that lead to a motorcycle collision are seen among car crashes as well. Because of the motorcyclists limited protection, any rider is at greater risk of injury. For this reason, it’s important to know the most common causes of motorcycle accidents so that they can be avoided:
- Drugs and Alcohol: Driving under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs are connected to nearly half of all motorcycle accidents in the Windy City and across the U.S.
- Merging: Drivers who fail to properly check for other vehicles before merging lanes is a serious problem for motorcycle riders
- Going straight ahead: A large portion of motorcycle accidents happen head on. In two-vehicle crashes, 76% were impacted from the front.
- Reckless Driving: Speeding, aggressive driving, disobeying road laws, etc. are examples of reckless driving incidents that cause accidents
- Vehicle Failure: Prior to studying at one of the nation’s top law schools, cofounder Sy Nazif was an AMI Certified Motorcycle Mechanic. If your motorcycle has received unsafe repair or manufacturing, RiderzLaw is the best firm to help you identify the root of your motorcycle defect or equipment failure.
- Distracted Driving: Talking on a cell phone, eating, texting, and reading while operating a motorcycle or a motor vehicle are common examples of distracted driving
- Lane splitting: Also known as lane sharing, motorcycles are not allowed to ride between lanes in the state of Illinois.
- Road Conditions: Roadway defects cause 2% of motorcycle accidents and by no means should they be ignored in your case evaluation. In the case of unsafe and defective roadways, RiderzLaw cofounder, Rob Marcereau, has won the two largest awards in history (12.2 million and 11.9 million). Damaged, unmaintained roads contribute to motorcycle accidents and a Chicago motorcycle attorney will examine any potential road hazards relating to your claim.
What Should I Do After a Motorcycle Accident?
We know during the trauma accidents cause, thinking ahead is difficult. By preparing yourself for what to do in the case of an accident, you can protect yourself in settlement and court. The moments after the collision are critical, since evidence and information is quick to disappear. If you are unsure of what to do after your crash, call our motorcycle attorneys and we’ll guide you. Remember, treating your injuries (and injuries sustained by others involved in the accident) is the most important step to take after a collision. If you have been in an accident,
- Get to Safety: If your motorcycle is sitting in traffic, move it to the side of the road, if you are able to.
- Call Law Enforcement: Call 911 after an accident to come to the scene and make a report. A police officer will respond to the scene and file a report. Failure to report an accident is a crime in the city.
- Collect Evidence: Take photos of the accident using your smartphone.
- Exchange Information: Although police will gather information from the other driver, it's good to get it ahead of time, if possible. exchange, at a minimum, insurance company name and policy numbers. Be careful to discuss the cause of the accident prior to speaking to an attorney. For help 24 hours a day in the case of an accident, call RiderzLaw at 1-888-5-RIDERZ.
- Seek Treatment: If you or anyone in the accident sustains life-threatening injuries, get medical attention at once.
- Talk to a Lawyer: If you or another party is injured in a motorcycle crash, talk to a lawyer. RiderzLaw initial case evaluations are free. Chicago adheres to laws of comparative negligence. Even if you were partially at fault, you have rights to monetary compensation that will help cover your loss. A Chicago motorcycle attorney will maximize that recovery. Protect yourself by speaking to a lawyer as soon as possible.
Types of Chicago Motorcycle Accident Injuries
Biker’s arm is one of the most common injuries sustained after a motorcycle collision. This condition occurs when the biker falls on his arm with tremendous force, resulting in nerve damage. Nerve damage may be permanent and debilitating to the accident victim. Additional types of injuries that may occur after a motorcycle crash include:
- Head & Neck Injuries: Around 22% of all motorcycle accidents result in head and neck injuries. Illinois is one of few states without a helmet law. This increases the risk of head and neck injuries after a Chicago collision. Motorcycle helmets reduce brain ijuries by at least 41%. A variety of head and neck injuries may result after the accident, including whiplash and concussions, TBI, and others.
- Broken Bones and Fractures: Broken arms, legs, and ribs are common after motorcycle collisions. Sadly, some of these injuries may also result in amputation when injuries are too severe to heal.
- Road rash: Permanent lacerations, discolorations, etc. are often caused by road rash after an accident.
- Hemorrhaging: One of the biggest concerns after a motorcycle crash is hemorrhaging and/or internal injuries. Sometimes these concerns are not immediately noticed, which can result in serious complications for the victim.
- Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBIs): Traumatic Brain Injuries are common, as well as paralysis. More than 2 million people suffer from TBI each year. In fact, it is one of the leading causes of disability in the U.S.
- Spinal Injuries: Spine injuries after a motorcycle crash such as slipped discs, spinal injuries, vertebrae issues, and many others may cause a plethora of other problems for the injury victim.
This is not a complete list of possible injuries after a bike accident. However, the list provides insight into the most common types of motorcycle collision injuries that occur in the area.
How to Value a Chicago Motorcycle Accident
Since each motorcycle collision is unique from the next, so is the value of the accident. Many factors impact the value of the accident, including the type and severity of the injuries and the type of damages. Your motorcycle attorney uses a number of factors to determine how much your accident is worth, including:
- Current medical fees incurred for injuries sustained as a result of the accident
- Ongoing and future medical fees and bills, including physical therapy, rehabilitation services, and medical equipment
- Lost wages/unpaid wages caused when you miss work as a result of the accident
- Future lost wages (i.e. visiting the doctor, rehab, unable to return to work, etc.)
- Property damage/replacement costs
- Emotional stress, pain, and suffering, punitive damages (including loss of companionship)
- Lower quality of life
- Funeral and burial costs in wrongful death suits
- Out of pocket expenses incurred as a result of the accident
Your attorney will go over your case in detail, examining the facts and evidence. RiderzLaw attorneys fight to ensure the highest possible verdict in your case so that you do not worry about your medical bills. Unlike most firms, even after a case is won, our motorcycle attorneys will go up against insurance companies that make any attempts to give riders or their families a hard time.
Our Chicago Motorcycle Accident Lawyers Fight for Motorcycle Victims
RiderzLaw motorcycle attorneys work exclusively with motorcycle victims and we’ve been protecting the rights of riders on the road for a very long time. Our expertise allows us to experience firsthand why motorcycle accidents occur and how to defend riders. Allow our decades of winning thousands of motorcycle only cases maximize the amount you receive from your motorcycle accident. We’re not afraid to work hard to get your bills paid and we don’t shy away from insurance companies. Call us at 1-888-5-RIDERZ for an initial consultation at no charge. We’re available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. If you’re a rider that can’t come to a RiderzLaw office, one of our Chicago motorcycle attorneys will be more than happy to ride to you.
We service riders across all of Chicago and nearby suburbs including Long Grove, Hinsdale, South Barrington, Wilmette, Northbrook, Glencoe, and more.
We are the top rated motorcycle lawyers in the business.
- The RiderzLaw Lawyers will meet with you at YOUR convenience
- We will get your motorcycle fixed or replaced for full value – we don’t let insurance companies push you around!
- We will Maximize Your Recovery – We have a team of accident recon experts who specialize in motorcycle accidents
- We’ll help you get the best medical treatment and get your medical bills paid.
- We will help you KEEP as much money as possible – Unlike many firms, we keep working even after your case is over, and aggressively negotiate your insurance and medical bills!